I shamelessly stole these questions on Tumblr.
1. What is your favourite genre and why?
I can’t really choose one, so I’ll say cosy mysteries and fantasy in no particular order, but I also have many other favorites.
2. How did you get into booklr?
I discovered Tumblr as a media blog and got myself a photo blog, but realized that it could be used as a text based blog as well. When Booklikes went down, I decided to get a Booklr. I love the fact that it doesn’t display ads on the actual blog, like WordPress.com does.
3. Can you remember the first novel you read, and what you loved about it?
Haha. No. I read children’s books before I read novels and I’ve been reading since I was three and a half or four so it’s not easy to remember.
4. Who are some of your favourite children’s authors?
Diana Wynne Jones, Ingelin Angerborn (who is a Swedish author) and several others.
5. What are some classics you love and ones you hate?
I love Jane Austen’s books, some of Charles Dickens’ books, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes books. I hated Crime and Punishment.
6. What is your favourite read of the year so far?
I have actually read so many nice freebies that I’m really happy about it. My big surprise was a ’paranormal mystery’ called Bottling It. I’ve never liked that sort of thing, but now I do. 🙂
7. Do you read/write fanfiction?
Yes, or at least I used to. First when I discovered fan fiction I read a lot, then tried writing it for a long time. Now I do neither, but I feel I might get back to it when I can. I’m so busy I don’t write original fiction either at the moment.
8. What are your reading goals for the rest of the year? And next year?
Just trying to have fun, finding good books to read so I can relax. No particular numbers or anything.
9. What are some book to film/tv adaptations you love? And why?
Some of the ones based on Jane Austen’s books. I didn’t like Sanditon but I have liked all the others, I think.
10. Is there a book that lots of people rec that you just instinctively know you would hate to read?
The Hunger Games, Twilight, Game of Thrones, anything horror… I have a different taste in books than most other people, I think.
These too, came from the same place:
1. How has your quarantine been?
As good as can be expected. I’m not an outgoing person. Even at the best of times, I tend to stay at home and only go for walks and do a bit of shopping (groceries).
2. Biggest pet peeves (in general)?
Bad spelling and grammar, aggressive prejudices, trolls, people who don’t believe in science…
3. What book(s) are you reading right now?
I’m about to start reading all the books by L. Frank Baum about the Land of Oz (except for the first book in the series, which I recently read).
4. What’s your favourite thing about bookblr? (My comment: is that how you spell it? I thought it was booklr. Oh, well.)
It’s a cute, easy-to-use blog where most people post cute photos as well as text.
5. How are your yearly goals looking?
Haha. The Corona virus put a hold on all those. I didn’t have any reading-related goals. I was hoping to write a bit, but I have hardly been able to. Nothing substantial anyway.
6. What’s a curious thing about you/your personality/your life?
I’m allergic to garlic. Seriously. It’s not just that I don’t like it, I get a rash from it. A rash that hurts.
7. If you could be an animal, which one would you choose?
Well, I used to think the usual – cat, dolphin etc, but came to the conclusion that I’m probably a wild donkey. Independent and wild. I won’t let other people force me to do or think anything I don’t want to.
8. Rec me a book!
Bottling It by A. A. Albright.
9. How many languages do you speak?
Swedish, English and French. I also know a little German, Spanish and Italian.
10. Tell me a childhood memory.
A book related one? Ok. My mom was at a meeting at work. My sister was asleep but my dad and I were awake. He promised he’d read to me if I was awake when he’d finished his book. Of course I was awake… That pissed him off and he said: you did it on purpose so I won’t read to you. I was pissed off too…